Friday, March 2, 2012

March the First


It’s a start of a new month…and one of my favorites. I’m starting it in San Francisco, spending time with an old friend who I haven’t seen in awhile. The weather has cleared and the night is young. It may be the caffeine coursing through my body, but I’m excited. For this night. For this month. For this year. This year, three months old, seems full of promise, full of lessons yet to be had.

I’m recommitting to my theme of living with an open heart and acting out of love, not fear. This doesn’t mean I’m throwing the wisdom of my mind out the window. It has learned a lot in its 36 years. But it does mean I’m listening more to the wisdom of heart, young and impetuous and the wisdom of my soul, old yet timeless, as well. These three will have to sail together, navigating what life has in store. I don’t expect the ride to be completely smooth. It never is, and where is the fun in that? But I do expect more harmony on board, singing songs both known and new. Being patient with the lyrics and the tune.

We shall see. 

No comments: